A Key Feature for the Efficient Creation of Digital Work Instructions
13 June 2023
In today’s ever-changing world, it is more important than ever for manufacturing businesses to be able to adapt quickly and efficiently. One way that manufacturers can do this is by using digital work instruction software. Digital work instruction software is a type of software that allows one to create, store, and distribute work instructions electronically. It can help to improve efficiency, accuracy, and safety by providing employees with clear and concise instructions on how to perform tasks.
One of the famous features of work instruction software is the ability to duplicate instructions. This can be a huge time-saver, as it allows one to create new procedures quickly and easily. The existing procedure can be used as a template to help ensure that the new procedure is consistent with the existing procedure. This may involve making changes to the order of the steps, the language used, or the specific instructions.
There can be various scenarios where the duplicating existing procedure may be required –
- To create a new work instruction for a similar product or process: If there is a need to create a new work instruction for a product or process that is similar to an existing one, then you can duplicate the existing procedure and make the necessary changes. This can save a significant amount of time and effort.
- To create a different language for existing work instruction: If there is a need to define a new language for the work instruction, then you can duplicate the existing procedure and then make the necessary changes to replace the task description in a new language. This can save a significant amount of time and effort to re-create the animations and sequence.
- To create work instructions for a new employee: If you are training a new employee, then you can duplicate an existing work instruction and add relevant questions for assessment. This can help the new employee to learn the job more quickly and efficiently.
Follow these tips for using the existing procedure as a template when creating a new procedure:
- Understand the existing procedure carefully: The first step is to understand the existing procedure carefully. This will help you to understand the steps involved in the task and the specific instructions that need to be followed.
- Identify the key elements of the procedure: Once you have understood the existing procedure, identify the key elements of the procedure. These are the steps that are essential to completing the task.
- Create a new procedure with Duplication: Once you have identified the key elements of the procedure, you can create a new procedure by just duplicating it in 1-click. This makes sure that you are using the existing procedure as a template.
- Make the necessary changes: Once you have created a new procedure, you may need to make some changes. This may include adding new steps, changing description language, changing the order of steps, or adding/removing steps.
- Test the new procedure: Once you have made the necessary changes, you should test the new procedure. This will help you to identify any errors or omissions.
By duplicating existing work instructions, you can save time and effort, train new employees more effectively, and ensure that work instructions are accurate and up-to-date.